Thursday, August 26, 2010

Once a month cooking day (with children:) Part Two

I'll start off with the list of what was made...

Muffins (some zucchini, some Fiber One blueberry from a box--4 doz. large & 3 doz. mini)
Beef and Bean Enchiladas
2 lbs. Taco Beef
Hearty Tomato Beef Stew
French Stuffed Potato Topping
Chicken Enchiladas
Chili Verde
Creamy Italian Chicken (for the crock pot)
Chili Sauce Chicken (for the grill or oven)
Herbed Chicken (for oven)
Southern Noodle Bake (my husband calls this "Amish Lasagna")
4 lbs. chicken, cooked and cubed for salads
Sloppy Joe beef
12 "uncrustable" PB&Js
Approx. 70ish whole wheat banana oatmeal choc. chip pancakes

Whew! even typing the list makes me a little tired:) but it is SO worth it!

Some of you may be saying to yourselves, "That's only about 16 entree meals...How does that feed them for a whole month?"
Well, first of all, many of those meals will provide AT LEAST one night of leftovers. And in addition to that, I already had a few things in the freezer...chuck roasts, pork roasts, stuffed pork chops, frozen meatballs, steaks, hamburger patties, etc. What I made, plus what I had stocked up on when particular items were on sale, plus a few "order pizza" nights should actually stretch us about a month and a half or more. I'd still like to do a round of breakfast burritos also but I need more eggs and a few empty hours (wink) to accomplish that.

Anyway, that should be enough to "whet your appetite" and get you to come back to hear my tips and suggestions on how to pull off your own "OAMC". Ciao for now! Blessings to you until you visit again!

...man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.--Deuteronomy 8:3

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Way to go Nikki! I do a little of this type of cooking, but would LOVE to do more. I'm getting quite burnt out on the recipes I usually use, so I think I need some inspiration. Thanks for helping!

    ReplyDelete