Monday, November 12, 2012

Like Brown Bananas...



I've missed this place.  But there are reasons that I've been away for so long and haven't had the time to sit down and spread out my thoughts like the sheets on a freshly made bed.  It's simple, yet complicated.   Easy to push this aside, yet so, so hard.  Writing is good for my soul, but there there have been other things to put first these past six months.  It's the most basic, fundamental principle for motherhood--putting others needs ahead of our own, and I wouldn't trade these past six months for all the blog posts in the blogosphere.

It's that time again...


I have about four weeks until we add another little Shoe into our family photo.  I know, I could have shared this with you sooner, and I thought about it SO many times, but, well, to be honest...this Momma ain't as young as she used to be and quite frankly, I've been beyond exhausted for a good bit of this pregnancy.  And, I'm sure I don't have to explain...Momma and Baby's health comes before blogging :)

And besides that, I've been soaking up the moments that I've spent with our Fab Five before our world gets turned upside down again.  Starting back at square one is hard on ALL of us.  What was normal is totally disrupted and we start anew.  A blessing, yes.  But still hard some days.

So after we shared the news of anticipating our newest blessing with family and friends, I decided that I needed to focus less on extra things and more on being intentional with my children.  Because, you see, up until we found out about Baby #6, I was getting a bit distracted by things that are good, but non-essential in daily life.

My children, at times, were like the brown bananas that are often in my fridge--that I look at and think, "I really should do something with them soon."  Always waiting for me...amidst the laundry, dishes, errands, email, blogging...you get the picture.  So I made up my mind to put aside the non-essential and focus on what matters to me most--my faith, family and friends.

So yes, writing is good for my soul.  But so is connecting to the people most dear to me and creating special moments for our family as it is NOW...before we begin a new chapter in this crazy life we live.  I hope you'll check back periodically because there is More Beautiful Chaos to come...

Praise God...My Cup Runneth Over

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so glad that you left me a comment today so that it would lead me to this post! It's BEAUTIFUL, as always! I've checked in every now and then and was hoping things were well for you all! I'll never be able to look at my over-ripe bananas again without dropping everything and going to play with my kiddos! Thanks for the reminder! I'm praying for the safe arrival of your new little one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindy! Even when I don't have time to write, I hop on now and then to read...and your blog is always a blessing to me. Thanks for sharing the way you do and for the "bloggy" friendship and encouragement!!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome Back :) You know, we've been praying for you a lot! And lately, along with prayer, I've been coming up with these...you're welcome :) HA!

    The Great Eight
    The State of Eight
    The Big Eight Tailgate
    Presto Ocho
    The Macho Ocho
    Eight Days a Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I was just thinking of you today and wondering how your new little one is doing. Hope all is well! Missing your wisdom and inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete