Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Silly Shoe Stories

Okay, so the dear hubby was getting ready for work this morning and it's snowing (AGAIN), so he decided to wear his boots. I was in the kitchen at the time and I hear him say, "There's a fork in my boot."
Yes, there was actually a child-size piece of silverware inside his boot. We had a little chuckle as he finished doing up the laces and I take the fork from him and go back to the kitchen. Then I hear him say, "And in this one is a ping pong ball." Go figure.
Again we had a good chuckle and then my husband said, "Oh, Moses." which refers to one of our favorite family stories that always makes us laugh.

My mom was here watching some of the kiddos while I was out and Mattie was putting on her shoes. She was at it for a short time and then my mom heard her say, "Oh, Moses!" My mom thought she was just using it as an expression, like "Oh, brother" or "Oh, goodness." But mom had to laugh when Mattie stuck her hand inside her shoe and pulled out a small plastic Moses figurine, complete with staff in hand, and threw it down on the floor.

I guess the moral of my stories is: when putting shoes on at the Shoe household, always check inside first...you may find a prize inside:)


Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.”
The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment