Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Tide is High...but I'm Holdin' On

Well, as I said in the last post, Mondays are often times a good day here. But sometimes, by Wednesday, we get a little squirrelly. Yesterday was one of those days when I looked up toward the sky and said, "Really? You think I can handle this?!" I know God gets a kick out of me sometimes, and this was probably one of those days...

We've had a few children with colds. Nothing major, like fevers and such, but coughing at night has been frequent. And sleeping for me has been next to non-existent -- partly my fault because I'm a night owl and don't go to bed as early as I should. But although I learned about 6 years ago how to live on little sleep, I'm gonna be honest, I get a little crabby sometimes. And yesterday, I was not on top of my game.

My saving grace was laundry detergent. I'm not kidding. A few years ago my friend, Molly, who discovers all kinds of fun things, introduced me to the idea of participating in consumer market research studies. It has been such a great thing for me, as a stay-at-home mom who doesn't get out of the house much. It gives me a reason to get out occasionally and I make a little extra cash in the process. I'm currently participating in a study on laundry detergent and I went to pick up my "product" yesterday. My dear friend (and next door neighbor:), Lindsey, so kindly agreed to watch the children while I went on my mission. Not the most super-exciting venture out, but I did have a peaceful drive and 2 whole hours out on my own! And the BEST part is, if I complete the whole eight week study, they pay me 100 bucks!!! They're paying me to do laundry (that I would be doing anyway) AND giving me FREE laundry detergent! Am I dreaming?! It's the little things in life that brighten up a Wednesday. **For those of you who are new to consumer product research, maybe I'll do a separate post on that another time.

And I know, I've probably broken some unwritten bloggers oath by using a an 80's Blondie song in the post title. But since I'm not really allowed to reveal much about the laundry study, I thought it would be reassuring to you to know that it is a high quality brand name detergent. So I'm hopeful that the whole family won't break out in some incredibly itchy rash. That would SO not be worth the $100.

2 comments:

  1. You always get the good ones!!!! Remember the week long chocolate study? I want to study chocolate!!!! Maybe they'll get me for something good soon--I'm totally due, but it's hard for me to find time to get over there...with just one kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear all about it! I hope everyone if feeling better. Been sick over here as well...

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete