Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Livin' On A Prayer

Yes, I'm just being dramatic. And besides, who can resist adding Bon Jovi to the list of my quirky blog titles...clearly not me. Anyway, I'm getting side tracked...


It's summer...

Five children, ages 7 to 20 months...

Last week, I spent hours trying to develop a new weekly schedule to help us avoid absolute chaos over the next few months. The teacher in me started taking over and I had calendar sheets and colorful markers and schedules flying everywhere. I even bought me a big ol' piece of poster board, so I could make a giant color-coded poster to hang on the wall for the children.
Yes, indeed.


But yet again, God reminds me that even though I might THINK that I can plan my way through every detail of summer, in order to achieve perfect peace in the Shoe household...He is actually in control of EVERYTHING and has a plan for our days, whether I agree with it or not:)

We've been dealing with a bit of illness, AGAIN. (Believe me when I say, I wish I was kidding.) And instead of working on learning Spanish or doing Brain puzzles, I've abandoned what I thought would be our schedule this week, in order to tend to this...


and this...


and don't forget this...


**Notice the Pop Tarts box and the Chef Boyardee pasta cans in the top photo? Not the picture of nutrition around here, are we?
To be honest, we just have to do what we can to make it through the day when one of the kiddos is sick.
And if that means a handful of sugar for breakfast and processed cans of pasta for lunch, then so be it.
Everything seems to fall apart around here when a little one is feeling yucky and needs Momma to comfort them all day.

I'm grateful that we made it through another round of blah, that the kiddos are starting to feel better, and that I'm sitting in a relatively clean living room with a few spare minutes to blog:)

Maybe God has our new summer schedule in His plan for next week:)


Proverbs 16:9 (ESV)
The heart of man plans his way,
but the LORD establishes his steps.

1 comment:

  1. Let's put a playdate or two or three on that crazy calendar of yours! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete