Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gratitude Tuesday

My one thousand gifts list begins like this...

1. Two part harmony accompanied by an acoustic guitar (I'm hooked on the acoustic version of "Your Great Name" by Natalie Grant)

2. A child willing to help--unprompted

3. A smooth cup of coffee in a favorite mug on a brisk morning while swinging on our front porch swing

4. A machine that makes our ice for us:)

5. An hour uninterrupted for bible study and reading

6. A little girl's voice singing songs of His praise

7. Dancing in the kitchen with "the littles"

8. A Bible verse posted on my kitchen cupboard that catches my eye and reassures me of God's love for me (Zephaniah 3:17)

9. My oldest daughter's hand full of tiny purple flowers amongst bright yellow dandelions that she picked from our yard

10. Three rowdy boys that have a passion for playing ball coursing through their veins--it seems to be in their blood at a very young age.

11. Lots of rain for our growing flower bed of perennials

12. A weekly opportunity to serve others in a way that can include my children

13. My husband's determination and work ethic

14. The story of David and Goliath, when my son has an "I can't" attitude

15. An evening out for dinner at a restaurant...with well-behaving children


The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. -Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment