Monday, May 16, 2011

Pour some sugar on me...

Note to self:

Never let husband go to a dessert auction alone.

Praise the Lord that I was there to "advise" him at the fundraiser dessert auction at church. He had his eye on the peanut butter pies, not to mention several other desserts. And let me tell you, there was some fierce bidding going on between the young husbands in the group. There were some seriously hungry men in need of desserts, my husband being one of them apparently. I "encouraged" him to stop bidding on several of the items. But I can only do so much...before I knew it his stomach took control and Bam! we end up with a fudgy chocolate cream pie. I'm not even gonna tell you how much we paid for this scrumptious dessert--I'll just say, I've savored every bite. I gotta hand it to him though, he knows how to pick 'em. I'm not usually a pie lover, but I must say, it's the most delicious pie I've ever tasted. I would have posted a picture but there is nothing left to photograph. He bought it yesterday, and there is not a morsel left in the pie tin tonight.

Lessons learned:
1. ALWAYS accompany husband to a dessert auction
2. Make sure he ends up buying something I won't help him devour in a mere 24 hours:)



And yes, I think I WILL make it a goal of mine to see just how many 80's and 90's songs I can incorporate into my blog titles:) That's just the kinda gal I am:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Momma Shoe,

    My name is Leah DiPascal and I'm Renee Swope's assistant at Proverbs 31 Ministries.

    I wanted to let you know that you've won one of Renee's give-away prizes from her blog. I'll need to. Here is what you've won...
    Purpose-Driven Mom Gift Packs which include 2 of each:
    • My Power of a Purpose-Driven mom message on CD
    • My "Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child Character Chart
    • My favorite busy mom's Bible tool — the GoBible®

    Please email me (Leah.Proverbs31@gmail.com) so I can get your mailing address. We're holding these gifts for you.

    Thanks so much!
    Leah DiPascal
    Executive Assistant to Renee Swope
    www.Proverbs31.org
    www.ReneeSwope.com

    ReplyDelete